The GIKI Alumni Association Financial Assistance Program, established in 2001, recognizes exceptional students and supports them in the fulfillment of their potential.
Financial Assistance Program 2022-23
Key program details
Financial Assistance benefits
Unconditional 1 year assistance
Students have to resubmit a new application every year for continued assistance.
Need & Merit Based
Funding is limited. The selection process prioritizes financial need first then the academic performance of the applicants.
Proof of financial need and/or academic standing
Applicant will establish their standing through application form and documents.
Evaluation interviews for final selection
Applicants will be asked to appear for an evaluation interview in front of a panel.
- Check relevant form dates
- Fill the scholarship form using a Gmail account only
- Follow all instructions, upload required files and submit the form
- Make physical application package with the required documents in a transparent plastic sleeve. Make sure to:
- Attach cover letter to the top
- Print signed declaration form received in email
- Attach supplemental documents
- Highlight your name and registration number
Frequently asked questions
Following students can apply for Financial Assistance:
- Students currently enrolled at GIK Institute in any of the undergraduate / bachelor’s degree programs.
- Financial assistance is not offered to PhD students.
- Financial assistance is not offered in the freshmen year i.e. 1st and 2nd semester of undergraduate degree program.
Undergraduate students can only apply for starting second [2nd] year of their academic program.
Financial Assistance are strictly made available using following criteria:
- Need – student unable to pay for his/her tuition due to financial constraints.
- Merit – student’s academic performance must reflect due commitment to his/her academic program and his/her CGPA must be 2.5 or above.
GIKI Alumni Association’s Financial Assistance Program is aimed at assisting the genuinely needy students who are unable to meet their educational expenditure. It should be realized that a limited amount is available for providing scholarships to the students. Therefore serious effort should be made to raise funds (loans, scholarships etc.) from all other sources available before applying to the Alumni Association for Financial Assistance.
What is offered as Financial Assistance?
Financial Assistance is offered to cover partial tuition fee and in some rare circumstances complete tuition fee for selected applicants in following two distinct categories:
General Donation funding for eligible (non-zakat) applicants without any need for repayment (very limited seats).
Zakat funding for eligible (MUSTAHIQ) applicants without any need for repayment.
Please note down the following deadlines for completing the application process:
Application Submission Deadline: To be decided
Interviews on campus: To be decided
Results announcement : To be decided